Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Southwestern Chicken and Rice Casserole with Cheese



Southwestern Chicken and Rice Casserole with Cheese


Southwestern Chicken, Cheese, and Rice Casserole

SO good! I will for SURE be making this again. It only took 5 minutes to put together and it was delicious!

Total Time: 50 Minutes. 5 min to prep, 45 to cook

Tonight I am trying this recipe. I looked on allrecipes.com and there were SOOO many chicken and rice casseroles. I have my own that I cook sometimes as well, but I wanted to try one with new flavors.

Ingredients:

1(10.75oz) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup water
1 cup salsa (thick and chunky works better)
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice (I just buy the dollar kind from wal-mart)1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup frozen corn (again, I LOVE the western family super sweet corn)
2-4 chicken breasts (I did 2, the recipe says you can do up to 4)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend ( I all ready had medium cheddar, so I will use that)
How to Make: 
1. Stir soup, water, salsa, rice, onion powder, garlic powder, half of the cheese, and corn in a 12x8 shallow cooking dish

2. Top with chicken, you can season chicken how desired, I did lemon pepper

3. Back at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes or until chicken and rice are done. Top with the last of the cheese last 5 minutes so it will melt.

(Some people commented that they used bread crumbs on top. I am going to put on half of the casserole and see which half I like better)

No comments:

Post a Comment